Pages

Mosaics Out of Paint Sample Cards

Ah . . . so little time; so many, many ideas!  But once in awhile I get to do something creative.  I have been meaning to try out making mosaics using snipped-up paint sample cards from the hardware store (I do have too many of these accumulating in the house, what with two vacation rental condos to decorate and a need to be really, really sure I'm picking the right color for a room).  Well, as my darling daughter and I are studying Ancient Rome in history at the moment, making a mosaic design fit in well as an enrichment activity; so I got to hit the proverbial "two birds" today.

So above is Emily's (using this project as an opportunity to make a "Get Well" card for her Grandma.  And here is my effort.  (Not sure why we both felt inclined to make a fish.  Still it's a nice little subject to start out on.)


And, last but not least, Emily's inevitable return to her favorite animal . . . although, she is also rather enamored of  bunnies lately . . .
So anyway, card paper, scissors, a bunch of sample paint cards from the hardware store, and good old Elmer's glue:  A fun way to while away the hours some afternoon - And you can save the nearly $4.00 you'd be otherwise contributing to some greeting company's bottom line by making some of these for those occasions when you want to send something in the mail to friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...